FAQ

FAQ and general support for the XSEL Flashcard app on the Apple App Store.

FAQ

Postby xseltech » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 pm

I have already purchased the app but now it’s asking me to buy it again.
With version 5.0 we decided that it would be best to rebuild the app from the ground up and not use any coding from the previous app. If you have already paid for a previous version, please send a forward of your receipt (from iTunes) to support@xsel.tech so that we can get you a promotional code for the new version of the app and you can install it for no additional cost.

I had a previous version prior to version 5.0 and I downloaded the updated app but all my data is gone!
Version 5.0 and higher was built completely from the ground up in order to keep the app bug free from other version conflicts. In order to facilitate easier migration of your data we have created an option to export each of your restaurant databases as a TSV file. You can then import that file into the newly downloaded app and follow the instructions that pop up to finish importing your databases. For more detailed instructions on how to use this feature click the following link: http://forum.xsel.tech/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6

How do I add a second restaurant?
In previous versions, we added support for more than one restaurant on the same device. This introduced several bugs so we decided for the initial roll-out of version 5, we would not be including the option to inventory more than one restaurant. However, this feature will most likely be added in a future version.

How do I view my inventory on a different device?
For now, we chose to use local device storage to help eliminate bugs and syncing errors.

I just downloaded this. How do I get started?
First off, we'd like to thank you for purchasing xSEL Inventory. We sincerely appreciate it! We design our apps to be simple and clutter-free yet attach useful features to them. You can get started by adding items, vendors and locations but the suggested order is adding vendors first, then items, then locations in order to make sure all of the application features function as intended.

This is going to be a real pain entering all my items for the first time. Can I import my data with a CSV file?
Absolutely! A tutorial as well as a TSV template is available here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6. Once you download it you can edit it in a spreadsheet editor such as Excel to fit your needs.

How do I add an inventory vendor?
1. Press the “Vendors” button on the main screen.
2. Press the "+" button to add a new vendor.
3. Select either “From Existing Contact” to bind the vendor with a contact you have existing on your phone already or “With New Contact” to create a new contact on your phone and bind it with this vendor.

How do I add an inventory item?
1. Press the “Items” button on the main screen.
2. Press the "+" button at the top right of the screen.
3. Fill in all of the boxes of information requested. If you are unsure about what a particular section means, please refer to “I’m not sure what some of the information means on my item.”
4. Press “Add Item.”
5. When the item presents itself automatically it is highly suggested that you add a preferred vendor while you are viewing the item. If you are unsure about how to add a preferred vendor, please refer to “How do I set the preferred vendor of an item?”

I’m not sure what some of the information means on my item.
- “Name” is the name of the inventory item.
- “Build To” is how much of an item you want in your store.
- “Packaged By” has three items. The first one, “Portioned Name,” is the type of portion that is in the package shipped by the vendor. The second one, “Package Name,” is the type of package that is shipped by the vendor. The third one, “Total portioned units per package,” is how many portioned units are included in one package that is shipped by the vendor. (ex. If you order a box of cheddar cheese from your vendor that contains 4 bags of cheese inside the box; you would enter “Bag” for “Portioned name”, “Box” for “Package name”, and “4” for “Portioned units per package.”
- “Preferred Vendor” is the vendor that normally ships this item to you.
- “Price” is how much the item cost for each package from your preferred vendor.

How do I set the preferred vendor of an item?
1. Enter the item that you wish to set the preferred vendor of.
2. Tap the “Preferred Vendor” section.
3. Select the vendor that you wish to be the preferred vendor.

How do I add a location?
1. Press the “Locations” button on the main screen.
2. Press the "+" button to add a new location.
3. Type in a name for the location.
4. Press “Add Location.”
5. Tap the location that you just added.
6. Assign items to the location by tapping on the items that you wish to add to the location.
7. Change the order of items assigned to the location by tapping on “Item Positions” and then dragging items into the order you prefer and then pressing “Done.”

How do I count my inventory?
1. Press the “Counts” button on the main screen.
2. Press the "+" button to add a new count.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have any items, locations, or you don’t have any items assigned to locations then you will be unable to count your inventory.
3. Select the item you wish to count for this location and increment or decrement the item by pressing the “-“ or “+” button. (Please note that you can increment by either the portioned item amount or the package amount.)
4. To change the location you want to count, press the name of the location on the top center of the navigation bar and then choose which location you’d like to continue with.
5. When you are finished with your count press the back button.

How do I place an order?
1. Press the “Orders” button on the main screen.
2. Tap on the vendor that you wish to place a new order with in the “New Order For” section.
3. Choose “Automatic Fill” if you would like the application to fill in the amounts you would like to order based on your last count. If you would like to start from scratch, select “Blank Order”.
IMPORTANT: IF you do not have any items or vendors you will be unable to place an order through the app.
4. Tap the item to enter the amount you’d like to order manually, or press the “-“ or “+” buttons to increment or decrement the item by one.
5. You can toggle showing all items to order by pressing “Show All Items” or “Show Preferred Items Only”.
6. Press “Place Order” to mark the order as ordered.

How do I send an email or a text message to my vendor with the counts from my inventory?
1. Load the order that you wish to send via email or text message.
2. Ensure that the order is marked as either “ordered” or “received.”
3. Press the “Options” button on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select either “Send Order via Email” or “Send Order via Text.”
5. Choose which email address or phone number you’d like to send the message to.
IMPORTANT: If you have not entered any contact information for your vendor then there will be no emails or phone numbers for you to choose.

I'd like to request a feature that isn't listed on the FAQ or I can't find it on the app. Can I suggest something?
Absolutely! We love making applications that our customers can help design. You can contact us either by:
- Pressing "Contact Developer" on the main screen of the app.
- Sending an email to support@xsel.tech
- Making a post on this forum.

This FAQ doesn't answer my questions. What can I do?
Send an email to support@xsel.tech with what specific questions you have and we will let you know within a day. If enough people ask the same question it'll get added to the FAQ.

I found a bug and I'd like to report it. How can I do that?
Eek, a bug! Sorry this happened but please submit it with a detailed description of your device and what you were doing when the bug occurred either by:
- Pressing "Report Bug" in the contact button on the main screen of the app.
- Sending an email to support@xsel.tech
- Making a post on this forum.
xseltech
Site Admin

Return to XSEL Flashcard