FAQ

FAQ and general support for the XSEL Flashcard app on the Apple App Store.

FAQ

Postby xseltech » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:17 pm

How do I create a flashcard set?
1. Press the "New Set" button on the main screen.
2. Tap the "Tap to name" button on the navigation bar to name the set. (Optional)

How do I create a flashcard?
1. First create a set or enter the view of an existing set.
2. Press the "+" button.
3. Start typing the front text of your flashcard.
4. Press the switch button (the one with arrows) to view the back side of the flashcard.
5. Once you're finished editing the flashcard press "Done".

What's the "Review Mode" button next to my flashcard sets?
Review mode is unique to XSEL Flashcard. It allows each set of flashcards to be set on or off for scheduled learning timers based off of your performance with each specific flashcard. Intervals to review start as early as 10 minutes and progress up to 60 days. If you mark that you don't know the question then the interval is decreased to an earlier time in order to help reinforce the flashcard, if you do know the question the interval is increased to remind you at a later time.

What's that button on the top right hand corner of the main screen?
This is the review mode button. If it is disabled then you have no flashcards to review. Either turn on Review Mode for that specific set or add new flashcards to the set.

I made a mistake creating my flashcard. How can I edit it?
1. Enter the flashcard set of the applicable flashcard.
2. View the flashcard you wish to edit.
3. Tap the edit button.
4. Start editing the text and press "Done" when finished. You can press the switch button (the one with arrows) to alternate between the front and back of the flashcard.

I want to change the name of my flashcard set. How can I do that?
1. View the flashcard set that you wish to change.
2. Tap the name of the flashcard set on the top center of the navigation bar.
3. Enter a new name for the flashcard set and press "OK".

I want to delete some flashcards I don't use anymore. How can I do that?
1. First make sure you won't use them anymore at a later time. You can always disable the flashcard set review mode by turning the review mode switch to the off position on the main screen.
2. If you are sure you want to delete flashcards, enter the flashcard set of the flashcard(s) you want to remove.
3. Tap the "Edit" button.
4. Tap on the flashcard(s) you wish to remove.
5. Press the "Done" button.

I want to delete a flashcard set I don't use anymore. How can I do that?
1. First make sure you won't use the set at a later time. You can always disable the flashcard set review mode by turning the review mode switch to the off position on the main screen.
2. Ensure you are on the main screen where all of your flashcard sets are displayed.
3. Swipe the set by dragging your finger from the middle of the set name to the left of the screen.
4. Press the "Delete" button.

My flashcard text is too large or too small. How can I change the font size?
1. Make sure you are on the main screen.
2. Press the gear shaped settings button.
3. Press "Change Font Size".
4. Either press the up or down buttons to change the font size as desired or manually type in a font size.
5. Press "Change".

What are the checkmark (✓) and question mark (?) icons on the back of the flash cards in review mode?
These are a critical part of your studying habit with XSEL Flashcard. When you tap the question mark, you signify that you didn't know the answer and the next review interval is lowered to help you learn this particular flashcard faster. When you tap the checkmark, you signify that you did know the answer and the next review interval is increased to remind you of this particular flashcard answer later in order to retain the knowledge.

I'd like to request a feature that isn't listed on the FAQ or I can't find it on the app. Can I suggest something?
Absolutely! We love making applications that our customers can help design. You can contact us either by:
- Pressing "contact us" in the settings button on the main screen of the app.
- Sending an email to support@xsel.tech

I found a bug and I'd like to report it. How can I do that?
Eek, a bug! Sorry this happened but please submit it with a detailed description of your device and what you were doing when the bug occurred either by:
- Pressing "contact us" in the settings button on the main screen of the app.
- Sending an email to support@xsel.tech
xseltech
Site Admin

Return to XSEL Flashcard